Home Page: Board Meeting Minutes
January 8, 2008 Monthly Board Minutes
Town of Pound – Monthly Board Meeting Minutes
January 8, 2008
The Town of Pound monthly board meeting for January 2008 was called to order by Chairman Heroux at 6:03 PM
Chairman – Jerry Heroux __X___ Supervisor – Elmer Risner __X___
Supervisor – Leonard Semrau __X___ Supervisor – David Pellman __X___
Supervisor – John Gaffney __X___ Treasurer – Janelle Rymer __X___
Clerk – Walter Peterson __X___ Constable – Glenn Broderick __X___
Guest: George Shehow
Chairman Heroux informed the body that the meeting notices had been posted in the three regular posting areas, Town Hall, Recycle Center and Equity Hall.
Motion to approve the January agenda was submitted by Supervisor Risner, seconded by Supervisor Semrau, carried 5/0
Motion to approve the December 11, 2007 Monthly Town Board Meeting Minutes was made by Supervisor Gaffney, seconded by Supervisor Risner, carried 5/0
Treasurer Rymer presented the December 2007 financial report which included the following account balances:
Money Market Account = $556,585.64
Checking = $525.73 -
Totaling = $556,059.91
Submitted on November receipt #’s 4357 through 4389. Motion to approve was made by Supervisor Gaffney, seconded by Supervisor Pellman, carried 5/0
Clerk Peterson presented the 2007 year end vouchers totaling $5,463.73 (Check # 8198 through Check # 8226). Motion to approve the submitted vouchers was made by Supervisor Risner, seconded by Supervisor Semrau, carried 5/0
Clerk Peterson presented the January 2008 vouchers totaling $12,065.32 (Check # 8227 through Check # 8251). Motion to approve the submitted vouchers was made by Supervisor Gaffney, seconded by Supervisor Pellman, carried 5/0
Zoning Administrator Peterson submitted Building Permit 2007-60. Motion to approve the permit was made by Supervisor Risner, seconded by Supervisor Semrau, carried 5/0.
No request to address the board were received
Project / Committee Updates:
Building & Grounds Maintenance – Supervisor Semrau
Highway Maintenance – Supervisor Semrau
• A brass sleeve was added to the Freightliners snowplow wing connection shaft to eliminate metal on metal freeze up.
• Chairman Heroux will request a list of school bus turnaround points within the township from Camps Bus to determine the best solution for snow plowing them at the next monthly board meeting.
• Monroe Truck demonstrated a Sterling tandem axel vehicle with front mounted snow plow, under body blade and a multi material handling box. Additional trucks will be reviewed prior to potential purchase in the fall of 2008.
Highway Construction – Supervisor Pellman
• Marinette County has approved the Town of Pound 2008/2009 TRIP request N. 13th Road between County Road Q and State Highway 64 – approved amount $23,317.80.
• N 19th Rd TEA Project
o Motion to set Public Hearing to gather public input on extending N 19th Rd to W 16th Rd on February 19th, 2008 @ 7:00 PM was submitted by Supervisor Gaffney, seconded by Supervisor Risner, carried 5/0. After further decision it was realized February 19th was Presidential Preference Election day – Motion to change the Public Hearing date from February 19th to February 26th was submitted by Supervisor Gaffney, seconded by Supervisor Risner, carried 5/0
o Continue to work with Marinette County to complete a Local Workforce Agreement with project start date of June 2008 and completion date of October 2008.
Plan Commission – Supervisor Pellman
• Site visit to Woller Precision Machining is scheduled for Tuesday, January 22nd, 2008. Both the Plan Commission and the Town Board plan to attend.
• Next Town of Pound Plan Commission meeting is scheduled on Tuesday, January 15th, 2008.
Board of Appeals
Animal Control – Glenn Broderick
• Jim Schlosser (Lena) works through Oconto Humane Society and his services would need to be contracted from Oconto Humane Society.
• Motion to approve applying for WisDOT Highway Safety Improvement Funds for lighting the intersection State Highway 141 and County Road B – Funds would cover construction cost ($7,701.56) but would not cover monthly fees for electricity ($11.25 per light plus $2.50 per pole) and maintenance was submitted by Supervisor Gaffney, for lack of a second, the motion died
• Motion to approve 2008 Fire Protection Agreement with Coleman Area Fire Department (includes Town of Pound annual fee of $9,000.00) was submitted by Supervisor Pellman, seconded by Supervisor Risner, carried 5/0.
• Motion to approve 2008 Municipal Contract with Coleman Area Rescue Squad (includes Town of Pound annual fee of $13,653.42) was submitted by Supervisor Pellman, seconded by Supervisor Gaffney, carried 5/0.
Motion to adjourn was made by Supervisor Risner, seconded by Supervisor Gaffney, carried 5/0 @ 7:50 PM
Respectfully, Walter Peterson – Clerk
January 14, 2014 Monthly Board Minutes - Draft
December 10, 2013 Monthly Board Minutes-Draft
November 12, 2013 Monthly Board Minutes
October 8, 2013 Monthly Board Minutes
September 10, 2013 Monthly Board Minutes
August 13, 2013 Monthly Board Minutes
July 9, 2013 Monthly Board Minutes
June 11, 2013 Monthly Board Minutes
May 14, 2013 Monthly Board Minutes
April 9, 2013 Monthly Board Minutes